The final chapter of the year is supposed to be a time for reflection and with that in mind I find myself driven to really get my shit together in terms of personal blogging this (coming) year.
As I power on in my professional endeavors I really want to be able to look back at my life and take note of the little things that make life what it is on a day to day basis and thus so far I have failed miserably. Sorry future me.
So yes, lots more scribbles to come this year- hopefully with a theoretical goal of once a week, with the caveat that my posting may be sporadic and I shan’t hold myself to any schedule or time table, I find that whenever I over plan a project it ultimately becomes a self-served invitation for procrastination. I blame technology and its habit of selling me on various applications to organize my life as opposed to simply living it. Unfortunately I am now so into GTD software that I am not sure how I would handle life without Todoist + Onenote + Evernote for my every day compulsive jotting down of everything.
So with that in mind, lets take a quick trip back to significant moments of 2014 by category as I remember them.
- Got into a rhythm with the other blog with regards to posting, taking things way more professionally and its paying off. Yay me.
- Consolidated our assets and planned out our direction whilst taking the financial steps to get to where we want to be. This time next year I expect to be somewhere significantly warmer.
- Considered updating my linkedin and in my defense, the linkedin UI is so irritating that even considering filling shit out is an achievement in itself and thus worthy of note.
- I tweeted over 100 times and taking into account how much I detest launching apps and scribbling down “thoughts” for the world to read, I feel that’s pretty damn impressive.
- Walked away from most of the forums I was/am a member of, the politics and endless drama was finally too much and thus so far I am loving it. May just launch my own (extremely) moderated forum.
- Signed up to Instagram and posted something. If another social network launches and people expect me to sign up imma lose my shit. Looking at you ello.
- Completed the Dark Brotherhood & Thieves guild questlines in Skyrim.
- Got back into stationery which will hopefully encourage me to post here more frequently. Damn you Leigh.
- For the first time in eons I no longer own a PC but rather a laptop, to be fair it’s a beast of a laptop but I feel this is worth noting.
- Lost all reticence with regards to the kitty. Yes, he is a giant pain in the arse and will complicate all my travel plans but at this point I am smitten so fuck it.
- Ate a twinkie for the first time.
So here we are, the notable tidbits of 2014. With regards to this New Year my expectations are tempered with a sense of gravity at the coming move over the Atlantic. It won’t be my first time moving continents but my first time as a family and with that a lot more responsibility and pressure for everything to go smoothly.
So I won’t even bother listing goals for 2015- as long as Elise, Avery and I are in Europe this coming year I consider everything to have been a success. As a matter of fact for the 2015 Look Back post I may not even list past tidbits but rather just throw up a screenshot of my geographic coordinates with the caption “EAT ME FROZEN WASTELAND, I SHANT RETURN”.
See you next year.
Leave a Reply